10 kitchen items every home should have
Building a good kitchen takes a lot of time and effort. One must constantly stay updated with all the latest cooking gear and replace the old ones. All of us are different as cooks, and thus our requirements are also different. One should carefully understand their requirements and shop accordingly. This is easier said than done due to the wide variety of products and brands currently available. Proper research and planning can go a long way while making these purchases.
We have collected a list of some very vital gadgets and utensils that one should have in their kitchen.
Need to have a clean, safe, and well-equipped kitchen:
The kitchen is the place where our food is being made. Thus, it should be our utmost priority that we have clean, healthy, and hygienic kitchen items and kitchenware. Having access to various utensils and gadgets can go a long way in building a healthy and sustainable kitchen. Let us look at some major advantages of a clean kitchen:
- It becomes easier to frequently clean the kitchen – Cleaning immediately after a stain is formed makes it easier for us to clean our kitchen effectively. Food stains and leftovers can cause a nasty smell and unhygienic conditions if left over for some time. Thus it is highly suggested to keep one’s kitchen clean at the earliest.
- Prevent the cause of foodborne illness – One of the major concerns in a dirty kitchen is the risk of food poisoning and the spread of foodborne diseases. All the utensils used during cooking should be properly washed and kept clean. This will prevent rodents and flies from spreading harmful diseases.
- Improve the lifetime of your gadgets – We all know that if we take care of anything, it will last longer. This is also the case for the various gadgets such as mixer grinders, microwave ovens, toasters, etc., that are constantly being used in the kitchen. If we take care of them and keep them spick and span, they will last for a longer period.
- Prevent accidents – Keeping your kitchen clean also improves the safety issue. A kitchen contains all the necessary ingredients for a disaster, such as fuel, electricity, water, etc. thus, it becomes extremely important to keep everything safe.
The most important kitchen items that every home should have:
Well, now that we are well aware of some of the reasons as to why we need a well-equipped and clean kitchen. Let us have a look at some of the essential kitchen items and kitchenware that are an absolute must in any house:
- Gas Stoves and Induction Cookers – They are quite different and unique in the features that they offer, and it becomes vital for us to understand each one before making a decision:
A gas stove is generally budget-friendly and is popular among the vast majority of kitchens. It provides better control over the range of temperature and is more energy-efficient. Another advantage of a gas oven is that it is not dependent on electricity and hence can be operated during power shortages.
Similarly, the heating is more uniform for an induction cooker and provides for better cooking overall. This makes the utensils extremely easy to clean post-cooking, unlike gas ovens.
- Microwave Oven – It is a low-budget and high utility gadget. It is used in various types of cooking and has become a staple in almost every household. They are small in size and extremely easy to manage. Also, they generally consume less energy than a conventional oven and can help in reheating various foods.
- Mixer Grinder – A mixer grinder can perform many tasks such as mixing, grinding, chopping, etc. It is one of the most versatile gadgets in a kitchen. Another important characteristic of a mixer grinder is its affordability. There are also a lot of customization options when it comes to the types of blades. These can be changed depending on the end and purpose you are trying to achieve.
- Smaller utensils and other accessories – A wide variety of items such as frying pans, saucepans, casseroles, whiskers, etc., are generally required in every kitchen setting. They perform a variety of tasks and help in enriching your cooking experience. To cook any dishes, you would require the help of these basic utensils.
- Crockery – Dinner sets and crockery are integral to any kitchen and dining set. It provides heavenly aesthetics to your dining table. Other than that, they have great utility and should be chosen carefully. One has to consider the different shapes and sizes they will require and make your purchases according to that. Also, one needs to consider their budget and get a realistic idea of the market prices, as crockery as be extremely expensive otherwise.
- Drinkware – Water bottles, sippers, and flasks are the various types of utility items coming under the category of drinkware. Crockery drinkware is also a must-have in all houses. They are extremely durable and can help us maintain the temperature of our hot and cold beverages. Hence comes the necessity to buy good quality drinkware that is quality tested and approved by the concerned authorities.
- Jugs – Essential in your dining tables, they help store water and make it convenient to serve juices, water, etc. Jugs can also please the aesthetics of the dining table and is an essential component to think about.
- Cutlery – One needs to consider the material, shape, and sizes of cutlery. This will be an essential part of our kitchen and dining kit, and thus it should be chosen care
- Mason Jars – They are extremely popular in an average household and are used for storing and preserving food. Mason Jars have become extremely popular due to their transparent and classy looks that match any kitchen aesthetics.
- Sponges and towels – As we repeatedly stressed throughout this article, keeping a clean kitchen becomes essential to maintaining health and hygiene in the family. Thus sponges and towels form essential ingredients in any kitchen.
Through this article, we had a brief overview of the kitchen items one should consider before setting up a kitchen. One must note that this is just a snapshot, and many other items can also be bought. Thus proper research and planning are advised before buying anything.