What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of A Walk-In Tub?
Luxury bathrooms have stunning interior decoration. Sometimes, it surprises the user with extraordinary accent details and expensive fixtures. A spacious bathroom with beautiful accent lighting, washbasin or a stunning bathtub gives an opulent feeling. These things are extremely crucial elements of a stylish bathroom.
If you want to give your bathroom a fancy makeover, a high-end walk-in tub is essential to install. Unlike conventional bathtubs, a walk-in tub is taller and has a place to sit. After you step into the tub, the water-tight door closes. Then the tub fills with water. The user takes a bath, drains the water, and unlocks the door to come out.
These walk-in tubs are also pretty useful for older people. They usually suffer from joint pains and body aches. Sitting in the hot water tub gives their joints relief from the pain. But, purchasing the right tub and installing it is a time-taking job. If you are planning to install a walk-in tub, contact HomeBuddy.com. They will connect you with the right contractor in your area.
Advantages of a Walk-In Tub:
Walk-in tubs are really useful. You can count many advantages of these bathtubs, such as.
- High-End Safety Features: Because older adults use the walk-ins, the safety features are extremely high-end. The features reduce the chances of falls and provide security. The walk-ins have anti-slip flooring and sturdy handles.
The step at the entrance is low in height, so it becomes easy to enter the tub. The contoured seat is comfortable to sit on. There are safety valves that prevent the user from burning with hot water.
- Relaxation and Pain Relief: The hot water bath acts as hydrotherapy. It helps to soothe the aching muscles and swollen joints. People who suffer from arthritis can use these tubs to immerse their bodies in hot water.
The pain relief is a blessing to older people who cannot walk properly due to knee pain. It is even useful for young people. After a long hectic day, if someone uses the hot tub, it will relax their muscles and leave them refreshed.
- Ease of Use: The walk-in tubs are easy to use. Anyone can operate it. Older adults mostly use this, and the design is convenient for them. They do not have to bend; they can just walk in. The step at the entrance is pretty low in height so that they can easily lift their leg and step in. Inside the tub, they can sit, fill it with water, and adjust the temperature.
- Water Depth: Unlike conventional tubs, the walk-ins have a deep water For the water depth, the user can experience full-body immersion while sitting comfortably.
Many tubs have heated seats and chromo therapy facilities for ultimate comfort.
Disadvantages of a Walk-in Tub:
- Installation Cost: The installation cost is a little on the higher side. But considering all its benefits, the cost is justified.
- Chances of Spilling: If the user does not close the tub’s door securely, there is a chance of water spilling.
- Adjusting Temperature: The user can only fill the tub after entering it, so the temperature adjustment becomes a problem. But safety valves prevent the hot water from burning the user.
If you want to gift your aged parents something that they would enjoy using, a walk-in tub is perfect. It will change the look of their humble bathroom. And also, they can enjoy the relaxation and comfort of a hot bath.
There are many stylish tub models available in the market. You can choose the one which will be good for your bathroom space. Leave the installation process to a trusted contractor.